- Cool examples
- Twitter scrapes applied to geographic locations.
- Science article on social scientists using big data.
- An approachable article by Jon Kleinberg discussing some of the issues with Big Data and SNA.
- An interview with Brian Keegan, someone who thinks a lot about Big Data as a method.
- Google Trends
- Amazon Public Datasets
- The Twitter API
- Databib - a list of repositories of data. Mixed physical science and social science.
- A subreddit on both available datasets, and some discussion of how to use them.
- Nice website for learning R.