- (Updated 14th May 2014 at 12:47pm)Circular to all Direct Provision centres in Ireland, from Mr Noel Dowling, Principal Officer of the Reception & Integration Agency, dated 18th July 2008:
- (Updated 13th May 2014 at 7:20pm - see below.)(Updated 13th May 2014 at 8:30pm - see below.)
- — Donnchadh ÓLaoghaire (@Donnchadhol)Tue, May 13 2014 11:02:47Jst rang Kinsale Road Direct Prov Accomodation Centre enquiring about canvassing Residents. Disappointed to learn they do not permit it.
- — Donnchadh ÓLaoghaire (@Donnchadhol)Tue, May 13 2014 11:13:47
- — Joan O'Connell (@clicky_here)Tue, May 13 2014 11:21:22
- — Donnchadh ÓLaoghaire (@Donnchadhol)Tue, May 13 2014 11:33:58Rang RIA.Confirmed that its a policy not to allow Canvassers in. Has to be kept 'politically neutral' zone. Decision by Director I'm told
- — Joan O'Connell (@clicky_here)Tue, May 13 2014 11:24:37
- — Immigrant Council.ie (@immigrationIRL)Tue, May 13 2014 11:58:22@Donnchadhol @CailinNaColoime @MigrantRightsIR @DrLiamT Voters in Direct Provision being denied election information. http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/media/press-releases/828-voters-in-direct-provision-being-denied-election-information …
- — Immigrant Council.ie (@immigrationIRL)Tue, May 13 2014 11:59:46Canvassing ban could prevent residents from making informed decision. Full statement http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/media/press-releases/828-voters-in-direct-provision-being-denied-election-information …
Direct Provision centres and election canvassers
Cork local election candidate claims canvassers are prohibited from accessing voters in asylum seeker accommodation centre.