- The Prince of Wales hosted world leaders at Celtic Manor Resort in Newport, Wales today, at a reception during the first day of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) Summit 2014.
- The reception, which is on behalf of Her Majesty's Government, is a brilliant opportunity to "welcome the world to Wales", while thanking those people from across the country who have been involved in delivering the largest gathering of world leaders the UK has ever seen.
- Guests included NATO Heads of State and Government, senior leaders of NATO Partner Countries.
The Prime Minister, First Minister Carwyn Jones and Secretary of State for Wales Stephen Crabb also joined The Prince at the event where guests were entertained by the orchestra of Welsh National Opera, the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama and The Prince of Wales's Official Harpist, Hannah Stone.
Arriving at the reception, President Obama said that "you can see natural beauty, the wonderful people, great hospitality" and he went on to urge people to visit the nation.
- Earlier in the day, The Prince of Wales Admiral of the Fleet visited HMS DUNCAN, Roath Basin, Cardiff Docks, Cardiff, meeting members of the ships company as well as meeting members of the naval staff from the International naval ships that are docked in Cardiff during the NATO summit.
- THE PRINCE OF WALES AND NATO
- The Prince of Wales took part in a number of NATO exercises when he was himself a serving Royal Navy officer, including in the Mediterranean, in the Atlantic and in the West Indies. Whilst this will be the first time His Royal Highness has attended a NATO summit, The Prince has previously visited NATO.
You can find out about these visits on The Prince's official website here: