- — Boyd Swinburn (@BoydSwinburn)Tue, Sep 09 2014 15:36:59"Obesity is transmitted by the 'mosquito' lobbyists for junk food". Best use of Bloomberg $ for obesity is to fight 'Mosquitos' #wphnaoxford
- — Raghavendra Guru S (@RGuruSrinivasan)Tue, Sep 09 2014 10:27:56@BoydSwinburn Food can both meet the demands of hunger and give us consumption experience. Food tax should target consumption experience.
- — Dr Robyn Toomath (@rtoomath)Tue, Sep 09 2014 14:30:41Go Gerard Hastings! #wphnaoxford. I've got the anti-consumerism message -All clothing from now on comes from 2nd hand stores (new shoes OK?)
- — Boyd Swinburn (@BoydSwinburn)Mon, Sep 08 2014 11:06:30Call for framework convention or stronger for food. We will sure need it when climate change hits (latest IPCC report) #wphnaoxford
- — Dr Robyn Toomath (@rtoomath)Mon, Sep 08 2014 15:49:32Marvellous talk by Gerard Hastings at #wphnaoxford. We massively over consume - not just food, everything & ..The power is with the people.
- — Dr Robyn Toomath (@rtoomath)Tue, Sep 09 2014 09:03:13Fantastic talk by Corinna Hawkes @#wphnaoxford - economists view of 'demand' and the myth of the power of the consumer despite free market
- — Boyd Swinburn (@BoydSwinburn)Tue, Sep 09 2014 11:07:36Trade is the main game setting the hard rules and little old health has to jump v high hurdles to be given a little 'exemption' #wphnaoxford
- — Raghavendra Guru S (@RGuruSrinivasan)Tue, Sep 09 2014 11:10:49@WPHNA We do not have complete list of measures. We need to have a comprehensive framework of food taxes spotting all excessive consumption
- — Boyd Swinburn (@BoydSwinburn)Tue, Sep 09 2014 13:20:31
- — Jose Luis Vivero Pol (@JoseLViveroPol)Mon, Sep 08 2014 10:15:34#wphnaoxford Rayner presents healthy voluntary guidelines, but what about binding regulations? a poster on binding Food Treaty is proposed
- — Boyd Swinburn (@BoydSwinburn)Tue, Sep 09 2014 13:36:12Gerard Hastings in praise of disobedience: we are in the servitude of big business through its marketing. we love consumption #wphnaoxford
- — Jose Luis Vivero Pol (@JoseLViveroPol)Tue, Sep 09 2014 08:02:11Capewell presents the abolitionist history: vision, actions & leaders. The same to be applied to changing the food paradigm. #wphnaoxford
- — Jose Luis Vivero Pol (@JoseLViveroPol)Tue, Sep 09 2014 14:39:13After superb #wphnaoxford Conference, I am re-assured on my proposal: a binding Treaty at international level, no more voluntary guidelines.
The World Public Health Nutrition Association, 8-9 Sept. 2014
Another 'public health' conference that was more of a political rally than a conference and was more about far-left, anti-business politics than it was about health. Anti-trade, anti-choice, pro Big Government, and all paid for by the taxpayer. Sept. 8-9th 2014.
byChristopher Snowdon6,948 Views