- Students were exposed to a range of topics, by the pros who are using these tools. Many were items we have covered, but students gained additional insight and approaches.
- Scott Klein of ProPublica offered the long view of the history of Data Journalism.
- Students got a real sense of the impact of data in storytelling.
- And, I even got to bond with other faculty teaching these topics.
- — Cindy Royal (@CindyRoyal)Thu, Mar 05 2015 21:10:29
- — Zahra Farah (@ZayFarah)Thu, Mar 05 2015 22:24:42Learning about SHODAN - a search engine for raw data. Can crack into security cameras & look into people's homes! Eeek :/ #txstNICAR
- — Jordon Brown (@THEJordonBrown)Fri, Mar 06 2015 16:01:38
- Students had a chance to meet and network with young professionals.
NICAR in TXST Tweets
Have a look at some of the observations that TXST students and faculty made during NICAR. According to Topsy, we made 349 tweets with the #TXSTNICAR hashtag.
byCindy Royal94 Views