- — Ian Brown (@Real_Ian_Brown)Mon, May 11 2015 21:00:17#benefitsstreet I saw ONE person deserving of benefits on that programme. Just one. The rest can get off their arse & find a job! or starve!
- — shennah anne carter (@shennah_anne)Mon, May 11 2015 21:00:00#BenefitsStreet full of scum buckets disgraceful! No wonder none of them are employed talk like a bunch of uneducated social rejects! 🙈🙈🙈
- — Greasy Rag (@Greasyrag)Mon, May 11 2015 21:01:31Well these on #BenefitsStreet are without doubt complete and utter scum, why would anybody employ them, thats if they ever wanted work😂😂😂
- — Mitch Le Tissier (@MitchLeTiss42)Mon, May 11 2015 21:00:12Watched this #BenefitsStreet for an hour. The only reasonable thing to do is bomb the street. There's literally no point in those people.
- — Wayne Martin (@waynemartindm)Mon, May 11 2015 20:37:35Absolutely loving #BenefitsStreet & the epitome of UK scum it highlights. Sanction them all; they all live better than most working people
- — Karl Downey (@Karl_Downey)Mon, May 11 2015 20:41:44This woman looking after her son is a REAL genuine claimant. Don't tar her with the same brush as the scum on this show. #BenefitsStreet
- There's clear evidence that the programme influences people's political views too:
Benefits Street - promoting hate
A sample of some of the hateful comments tweeted during episode 1 of 'Benefits Street' on Monday 11 May