- We are launching our education department under a new name soon - Medical and Dental Education in Health Education North East (hence the hashtag #MADEinHENE). We hold a conference every year in the region to share and learn about best practice in Medical and Dental Education and this Storify is to remember, summarise and share a great two days in Newcastle.
- The build up started months ago for the team and it was lovely to see people getting excited as the conference was about to start:
- — Health Ed North East (@HealthEd_NE)Tue, Jun 02 2015 14:01:01
- — Iain Keenan (@dr_keenan)Wed, Jun 03 2015 06:15:02On my way to Gosforth for #MADEinHENE where @DocMatthan and I are presenting this morning on #SoMe in #MedEd https://ne.hee.nhs.uk/2015/05/19/future-of-medical-education-conference-2015/ …
- — JCUH Renal Services (@RenalJCUH)Wed, Jun 03 2015 08:39:16
- — Jo Noblett (@JoNoblett)Wed, Jun 03 2015 09:03:37Looking forward to the 2 day conference on the Future of Medical Education in particular whether social media can play a part #MADEinHENE
- Then we got going....
- — Health Ed North East (@HealthEd_NE)Wed, Jun 03 2015 08:30:30
- Getting free wifi is important, it helps people engage and spread the word, especially when you have a Twitter masterclass on. It was definitely appreciated..
- And we able to make a great announcement
- The first session was all about Human Factors and got people thinking about how they can standardise and simplify
- — Health Ed North East (@HealthEd_NE)Wed, Jun 03 2015 08:32:28Consultant Suzi Jackson, who is part of our Faculty of Patient Safety, opens by discussing the importance of human factors #MADEinHENE
- — CarmenSoto (@gourmetpenguin)Wed, Jun 03 2015 08:34:35How hazardous is healthcare? If look at it in terms of incidents/encounter - probably comparable to bungee jumping #MADEinHENE
Medical and Dental Education in Health Education North East
#MADEinHENE Summer Conference 2015
byChris Tiplady73 Views