- — justicestudio (@justicestudio)Mon, Aug 08 2011 19:45:44In Bethnal Green: The rioters have gone, it's mainly middle class people taking atmospheric shots of burning bins now #londonriots
- Can anyone verify?
- Rioting heading towards the City?
The tube closure is good news - I saw kids with hoods up and scarves across faces come out of the tube before it was closed. Suited man looked scared.
- — EmmaTofi (@EmmaTofi)Mon, Aug 08 2011 19:14:50@MissOceania Riot vans in Bethnal Green and bins etc being set alight in the street, just down the road from my sister's flat. :( Appalling.
- — MariaVonMurtagh (@MariaVonMurtagh)Mon, Aug 08 2011 18:47:35Bethnal Green Road shut off with hundreds of police. Riot Vans. Buses evacuated. People guarding their houses ready to smash looters back
- — alicaurusrex (@alicaurusrex)Mon, Aug 08 2011 17:51:42Most shops in Bethnal Green closed, riot vans going through Whitechapel towards Bow with full sirens. Very tense atmosphere in East London!
- — Miss_TJ_Lloyd (@Miss_TJ_Lloyd)Mon, Aug 08 2011 19:06:41
- — JoeFHall (@JoeFHall)Mon, Aug 08 2011 19:03:25
- — KevinJRawlinson (@KevinJRawlinson)Mon, Aug 08 2011 18:58:33Glass smashing all round my feet and against Walls by my head. Halifax being attacked. Fires lit bethnal green rd #LondonRiots
London Riots in Bethnal Green
The violence comes to Bethnal Green. Newest tweets first
byChristine Ottery2,147 Views