- — Pascal Hartig (@passy)Mon, May 05 2014 21:23:58.@BritishGas You should rethink your password policy. Disallowing special characters and disabling pasting leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
- — British Gas Help (@BritishGasHelp)Tue, May 06 2014 08:14:18@passy Sorry to be a pain. We're following standard password policy & can't allow pasting for security reasons. Cheers ^Steve
- — British Gas Help (@BritishGasHelp)Tue, May 06 2014 09:59:51@passy We'd lose our security certificate if we allowed pasting. It could leave us open to a "brute force" attack. Thanks ^Steve
- — Esteban Küber (@ekuber)Tue, May 06 2014 10:28:19
- — Damian Hickey (@randompunter)Tue, May 06 2014 10:50:53@BritishGasHelp Brute force attack wouldn't be using a browser and keyboard to 'paste' values. You are idiots.
- — ChrisJohnRiley ✪ (@ChrisJohnRiley)Tue, May 06 2014 11:11:19Dear @BritishGasHelp please seek help (security help that is) your comments on disabling pasting to prevent brute-force are laughable!
- — The Angry Technician (@AngryTechBlog)Tue, May 06 2014 11:49:07@BritishGasHelp Steve, please go find the person higher up who told you this nonsense, and tell them they are making you look bad.
- View the full conversation on Twitter.
British Gas disallow pasting
A rather interesting Twitter conversation has taken place today, highlighting some rather strange practices coming from British Gas. Some highlights below.