- The Mayor had a busy Saturday starting at the Golden Apple Teachers brunch at Mather Café, talking to residents at a South Side Target...
- getting his blood pressure checked at Dia del Niño at the UIC Pavilion...
- and attending Common's 2nd Annual Gala to support the Common Ground Foundation.
- Today kicked off National Volunteer Week. Several organizations, including One Good Deed Chicago, in the Chicago area are constantly looking for helping hands.
- The Mayor also stopped by the Charlie Rose show.
- You can watch the video here:
- The Mayor announced a new ordinance to reduce required licenses from 117 to 49, a 60% cut, saving Chicago small businesses over $2 million annually. This will allow small businesses to focus on opening their doors, hiring employees, and pursuing their dreams.
- The Mayor often likes to stop at nearby schools, police stations or fire houses before making his way back to City Hall. He stopped by at Pulaski International School and met with students, teachers and the principal. Below he demonstrates the rare but splendid double fist bump.