- RAMS 2015 was organised by Dr Claire Dancer, Dr Gemma-Louise Davies, and Dr John Murphy of the University of Warwick. We had welcomed a record-breaking 62 delegates for two days of talks, panel discussions and posters for recently appointed lecturers and fellows in materials science.
- — Aron (@lonepair)Sun, Sep 13 2015 09:21:33Putting final touches to my @rams2015conf talk with inspiration from Ziman's timeless article on problem choice: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF01096858 …
- — Dr Ben Britton (@BMatB)Sun, Sep 13 2015 21:22:08In all a day filled with fun and sunshine - ready for a productive week ahead - in particular @rams2015conf should be fun :-)
- — Timothy Easun (@TimEasun)Mon, Sep 14 2015 08:37:09Great to see a roughly 4:1 Dr:Prof ratio on the programme for @rams2015conf this week! Seems very appropriate, looking forward to it.
- Delegates came from far and wide - and with various expectations!
- — Dr Ben Britton (@BMatB)Wed, Sep 16 2015 08:04:49Very close to @rams2015conf - feels a bit like going to Mat Sci equivalent a débutante ball - castles, fun and merriment (but no waltzing!)
- Time to start the science! The opening session was on Materials by Design and was chaired by Dr Gemma-Louise Davies.
- After the contributed oral talks we had our first plenary from Prof. Aron Walsh, University of Bath, who told us about his research and his career path so far:
- After lunch, we came back for session 2 - Mechanical Properties, chaired by Dr John Murphy:
RAMS 2015 Conference
A summary of Tweets from the Recent Appointees in Materials Science Conference, held at the University of Warwick in September 2015