- — Katie McLaughlin (@glasnt)Wed, Apr 20 2016 00:53:03Need help with your #pyconau submission? We're gonna have a real-life DevRel at @SydneyPyLadies! 🎉 https://twitter.com/jesslynnrose/status/722585957128515584 …
- — Anna Ossowski (@OssAnna16)Fri, Apr 15 2016 17:29:27*YOU* have something to say, too! And it matters! Please reach out if you need help with your proposal 💖 https://twitter.com/treyhunner/status/721026059034963975 …
- — JSConf China—Sep3-4 (@jsconfchina)Tue, Apr 12 2016 11:44:24
- — juliepagano (@juliepagano)Fri, Apr 08 2016 19:38:57Myself and a few other volunteers will be hosting office hours in IRC to help people polish their proposals for the CFP. @osbridge
- — juliepagano (@juliepagano)Fri, Apr 08 2016 19:37:22Here’s more information for people who would like a little help with their proposals for @osbridge http://opensourcebridge.org/blog/2016/04/proposal-help-and-office-hours/ …
- — juliepagano (@juliepagano)Fri, Apr 08 2016 19:15:08We want you to speak at @osbridge! Please submit a talk and/or nominate someone for a keynote. http://opensourcebridge.org/blog/2016/04/we-want-you-to-speak-at-open-source-bridge/ …
- — PyCon Australia (@pyconau)Thu, Apr 07 2016 13:33:28@nazrulworld we welcome your proposal! Also check out financial aid page and if you need a letter to make a visa easier, we can provide one.
- — Chris Neugebauer (@chrisjrn)Wed, Apr 06 2016 23:00:28Did you know that #pyconau has also opened applications for financial assistance? Let us help you get to Melbourne! https://2016.pycon-au.org/about/financial_assistance …
- — CascadiaFest (@CascadiaJS)Tue, Apr 05 2016 16:48:309/ We have a Slack channel for proposal help and feedback from organizers, former speakers, and community members: http://slack.cascadiajs.com
- — CascadiaFest (@CascadiaJS)Tue, Apr 05 2016 16:41:204/ We ♥ our speakers. You will receive a 3-day Fest pass, lodging for 4 nights @ Semiahmoo, a travel voucher & more! https://speak.cascadiafest.org/perks
- — fantastic ms. (@fox)Mon, Apr 04 2016 21:41:46Couple of facts: → Nov 31—Dec 2 → In sunny Melbourne! → There’ll be CFP; we WILL cover all costs → Tickets at A$375� https://ti.to/cssconf-au/2016/ …7q
- — Ivan Boothe (@rootwork)Mon, Apr 04 2016 17:33:37Also, @osbridge is looking for suggestions for their keynote speakers. Got some good ideas? https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16-cTQerBylDFie7Ka0zfjQi2ODCk5wzfxxtLiZPICMw/viewform?c=0&w=1 … #PDXTech
- — GirlDevelopIt Philly (@gdiphilly)Sat, Apr 02 2016 18:08:55The @WriteSpeakCode CFP closes April 9th. Empower women software developers to become thought leaders & get ticket, housing, honorarium!
- — lace.py (@laceynwilliams)Sat, Apr 02 2016 11:10:54
- — DjangoCon (@djangocon)Thu, Mar 31 2016 18:46:01📞 Do you know someone who would be a great speaker? Let us know so we can reach out to them before our CFP closes! https://2016.djangocon.us/speaking/
- — Abstractions (@abstractionscon)Tue, Mar 22 2016 04:32:25
- — DjangoCon (@djangocon)Mon, Mar 21 2016 17:04:03🔥 We want to help you speak at DjangoCon, and so do our speaker mentors! Here's an article to get you going: http://blog.otsconf.com/post/118360171200/how-to-submit-a-kickass-talk-to-otsconf-or-any …
- — lace.py (@laceynwilliams)Wed, Mar 16 2016 21:34:08
Speaker Travel Funds, Compensation, & Mentorship for Tech Conference Talks
Marginalized people have less access to networks of conference organizers & experienced speakers. People already in those networks can dismiss details as too obvious to mention — not realizing how many much of the system is invisible and unknowable from the outside . So we wind up systematically holding marginalized people at a disadvantage when competing against peers who have more privilege; better access to logistical support, morale support, and a mentors' expertise. It matters when we take steps to level the field for marginalized people to compete for speaking opportunities. Conferences benefit from having more candidates, more varied proposals, more opportunities to wow audiences with highly qualified speakers who bring something new to the table.
byCarina C. Zona334 Views