- — Adrian Peterson (@AdrianPeterson)Fri, Dec 06 2013 00:01:43No words to describe our devastating loss. For 95yrs the world was blessed with Mandela. Honor him w/ your courage, compassion and peace.
- — Serena Williams (@serenawilliams)Fri, Dec 06 2013 01:55:31Nelson Mandela led one if the most impactful lives of our time. Meeting him helped me to understand life is full of ups and downs......
- — Serena Williams (@serenawilliams)Fri, Dec 06 2013 01:55:58But how you recover from the downs and how you can help people no matter what race or background by your choices and decisions.....
- — Georges Laraque (@GeorgesLaraque)Fri, Dec 06 2013 00:20:40My sincere condolences to the family of Nelson Mandela. Our planet lost someone exceptional but his memory will be with us forever! R.I.P.
- — Gary Player (@garyplayer)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:43:51Nelson Mandela's courage, forgiveness, love & hope inspired people around the world. He made me want to be a better man. RIP Tata
- — Sharon Fichman (@sharon_fichman)Fri, Dec 06 2013 01:30:45We, the world, suffered a great loss today. RIP Nelson Mandela. You will be missed but your legacy and achievements will live on forever.
- — Patrick Peterson (@RealPeterson21)Fri, Dec 06 2013 00:38:14Icons & Leaders that change the WORLD don't come around often enough! We lost a great one. Lets strive to Change the world #RIPNelsonMandela
- — Ian Poulter (@IanJamesPoulter)Thu, Dec 05 2013 23:11:46
- — Seema Sadekar (@seemasadekar)Thu, Dec 05 2013 23:11:03Nelson Mandela embodied all that is good in humanity, w/ courage, compassion and wisdom. He was an inspirational leader. #RIP
- — Andre Agassi (@AndreAgassi)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:29:10When the world gave #NelsonMandela their worst, he showed us all his best. A thousand years from now mankind will still revere him...
- — Malcolm Subban (@SubbZero30)Thu, Dec 05 2013 23:01:01Words can't describe the loss of such a great leader, person, and inspiration to all. Thoughts and prayers to Nelson Mandela 🙏
- — Lance Briggs (@LanceBriggs)Thu, Dec 05 2013 22:31:44RIP Nelson Mandela. Thank you for the sacrifices you made to help further the cause of human equality! We all owe you a debt of gratitude.
- — Serge Ibaka (@sergeibaka9)Thu, Dec 05 2013 23:29:23Rest in peace Nelson Mandela. Tireless worker, true leader and such a great example for Africa and the World. Thanks #Madiba
Athletes mourn Nelson Mandela on Twitter
Nelson Mandela's death at the age of 95 Thursday sent shock waves through social media, and athletes weren't shy to mourn his death on Twitter. Here's what they had to say.