- — Dan Lewis (@DanLewisNews)Fri, May 24 2013 02:11:54BREAKING: Bridge collapse in Skagit County with at least two cars in the water. Bridge is over Skagit River.
- The news was then confirmed by state trooper Mark Francis.
- — Trooper Mark Francis (@wspd7pio)Fri, May 24 2013 02:19:28I don't have much info. N/B and S/B lanes of I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapsed. People and cars in water. I'm very far away. Will update
- Then the first pictures were soon posted.
- Soon people could be seen on top of cars in pictures.
- In 40 minutes a large crowd had already gathered near the bridge.
- Rescue crews were on the scene within an hour.
- Speculation then turned to an over-sized truck stopped at the north end the bridge, which may have struck part of the bridge as it crossed.
Skagit River Bridge collapses
The first news of the bridge collapse broke on twitter at 7:11 p.m. PT
byCBC British Columbia1 Like28,730 Views