- Toronto, still reeling from Mayor Rob Ford's bizarre captivity in a hotel freight elevator, is now infamous in the eyes of Jeopardy clue writers, as Ford's denials of and admissions to drug use appeared on the game show last night.
- To really appreciate Toronto's shame, you have to hear the way host Alex Trebek delivered the answer and how quickly contestant Chip came up with the correct question.
- Torontonians bemoaned the city's reputation on the international stage that is syndicated evening game shows.
- Even Toronto Councillor Shelley Carroll tweeted her dismay.
- (Actually, it was the $800 clue, but let's not split hairs.)
Many people tweeted photos of their TV screens as the clue appeared.
- Some people even came up with their own Jeopardy clues in response.
- But Jeopardy notoriety wasn't the only indignity Toronto had to suffer last night.
- Yes, the Stars put up Justin Beiber's booking photo on the scoreboard during their tilt with the Leafs with the caption "Maple Leafs Fan." So, that happened last night, too.