A Twitter account and Facebook page got the ball rolling late Wednesday night.
- — VancouverClean (@VancouverClean)Thu, Jun 16 2011 01:09:23Link to the fb page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=219286898091948 …
- — johnniecakes (@johnniecakes)Thu, Jun 16 2011 17:23:37
- — VancouverClean (@VancouverClean)Thu, Jun 16 2011 11:05:06The goal of having Vancouver cleaned up by noon was originally a bit of a joke but somehow it's looking like it will be.
The boarded-up storefront windows became message boards for people to express their regret for the riot and their love of the city.
A Vancouver police car also became a bulletin board of sorts as it became covered with hundreds of sticky notes with messages of thanks.
- — VancityAllie (@VancityAllie)Thu, Jun 16 2011 09:19:24
- — MandyGill (@MandyGill)Thu, Jun 16 2011 17:05:44Incredibly proud of our beautiful city. Mustered up the courage to drive downtown & see the devastation- #VancouverCleanup did impeccable!