- — Cate Huston (@catehstn)Wed, Oct 08 2014 22:49:22Less than 3 hours until I live tweet the "what about the men" panel at #ghc14 https://twitter.com/catehstn/status/519898207275724800 … For why, see: http://www.catehuston.com/blog/2014/10/01/male-allies-and-ghc/ …
- — Cate Huston (@catehstn)Thu, Oct 09 2014 01:04:28Ran into Alan Eustace and let him know about the live tweeting. Could not convince him to ask Facebook dude about origin of "programmer".
- — Carol Willing (@WillingCarol)Thu, Oct 09 2014 01:32:44
- — Miriam Zisook (@MiriamZisook)Thu, Oct 09 2014 01:31:56
- — Sasha Laundy (@SashaLaundy)Thu, Oct 09 2014 02:38:59Follow along on #ghcmanwatch while the GoDaddy CEO and other men explain sexism to a room full of technical women. There's even bingo!
- — Concerned Feminists (@concernedfems)Thu, Oct 09 2014 01:33:29Welp the NCWIT speaker being discussed is this guy: http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_Schwern_arrest … #ghcmanwatch #ghc14 #maybethatwasabadexample
- — Lara Hogan (@lara_hogan)Thu, Oct 09 2014 01:45:30@catehstn omg omg omg the anger that we have about the panel does not equal wanting to write off men, or write off allies.
- — Paul Swartz (@paulswartz)Thu, Oct 09 2014 01:59:11
- — Shanley (@shanley)Thu, Oct 09 2014 02:58:39I would like to say that the attempts to make it seem like there are women in tech who refuse to include men is blatant propaganda. #ghc14
Some men came to #ghc14 and talked about being allies.
byCate Huston1 Like152,637 Views