- At the 2017 Excellence in Journalism Conference in Anaheim, California, it's not hard to find swag from media groups, recruiters, journalism schools or sponsoring organizations. Conference organizers were busy preparing swag bags in the days before the conference commenced, and as attendees registered on Thursday, they were quick to share their free findings on social media.
- — Karen Hansen (@hansenkarenm)Wed, Sep 06 2017 16:37:37
- — Society of Pro Journ (@spj_tweets)Thu, Sep 07 2017 14:30:11The expo hall will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. today! Check out our awesome vendors & get some cool swag in the Marquis Ballroom. #EIJ17
- For the widest variety of swag, take a stroll through the J-Expo, located in the Marquis Ballroom. Attendees are grabbing sunglasses, pens, flash drives and more — even is much of what they collect will meet their demise in a desk drawer next week.
- Some organizations are also giving away their own swag. RTDNA is fighting fake news with their t-shirts, and the Native American Journalists Association gave each attendee a customized bingo board to help bring awareness to reporting in Indian Country.
- The most notable giveaway at #EIJ17 so far? The CNN socks, of course.
All About the Swag -- EIJ Conference 2017
Between attending sessions, networking, taking notes and trying to find time to eat, it's no secret that conference life can be hectic. One of the best parts, though? The free stuff!
byCasey Smith65 Views