- There was a lot of talk about the burgeoning rivalry.
- And the trash-talking started early.
- — Drew Austin (@DrewAustin)Tue, Nov 27 2012 03:21:40People forget we are missing not one, not two, but THREE of our BEST players tonight. Come playoff time lets see what's what. #knicks
- But some basketball fans were loathe to declare this a rivalry after only one game.
- But that nay-saying didn't stop the Nets high-powered ownership -- Jay-Z -- and local politicians from claiming early bragging rights.
The Brooklyn Nets' nail-biter of a victory over the Knicks before a sell-out crowd at the new Barclays Center lived up to the pre-tipoff hype. And hoops fans took to Twitter to cheer, trash talk and embrace this new and lively cross-borough rivalry.
byCarrie Melago83 Views