- - over 1,000 guests attended Operanation 8: A Muse Ball.
- the event raised $100,000 for the Ensemble Studio, the country's premier program for emerging opera professionals.
- Rufus Wainwright entertained the crowd with "The Art Teacher," "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk," and "Going to a Town."
- Ensemble Studio singers Ambur Braid and Adrian Kramer performed with Canadian dance-pop band Austra.
- CP24's Melissa Grelo hosted the evening.
- The night ended with a dance party whipped up by DJ John Kong.
- Designers Ashley Rowe, Calla, Joeffer Caoc, and Arthur Mendonça provided creations for a fashion installation curated by RAC Boutique.
- "Between Two Pillars," an art installation by Nadia Belerique and Jennifer Rose Sciarrino, occupied the top of the grand staircase.
- The event also featured a scotch tasting hosted by The Balvenie; fine chocolate, cheeses, an amuse bouche station and a popcorn bar all provided by Rose Reisman Catering; samples of Calvin Klein's fragrance Forbidden Euphoria; and a Hello! Canada magazine photo booth.
- Notable actors in attendance included Liane Baliban (film and TV); Peter Mooney and Enuka Okuma (Rookie Blue); Luisa D’Oliviera (Cracked), and whole slew of “Bomb Girls” from Global’s new hit TV series, including Brittany Allen, Jodi Balfour, Ali Liebert, Lisa Norton and Anastasia Phillips.
- Celebrity guests from the music world included Brendan Canning and Kevin Drew (Broken Social Scene), Jimmy Shaw (Metric), as well as Liam O’Neil and Dave Hamelin (The Stills).
- There were also many media personalities, including Jonathan Scott (HGTV's Property Brothers), Jian Ghomeshi (CBC), Shinan Govani (National Post), and Sarah May Taylor (Much Music)
Operanation in the news:
- Photos from the event:
Operanation on twitter: