- Lindsay Barrett, soprano, from Sudbury, ON
- Claire de Sevigne, soprano, from Montreal, QC
- Sasha Djihanian, soprano, from Montreal, QC
- Rachel Fenlon, soprano, from Victoria, BC
- Aviva-Fortunata Wilks, soprano, from Calgary, AB
- David Gibbons, tenor, from Red Deer, AB
- Danielle MacMillan, mezzo-soprano, from Toronto, ON
- Owen McCausland, tenor, from Saint John, NB
- Laura McLean, soprano, from New Glasgow, NS
- Cameron McPhail, baritone, from Brandon, MB
About the Competition:
For the first time in the history of the COC, the final auditions for singers seeking to join the Ensemble Studio training program will be made public as a vocal competition. In addition to an offer of a coveted position in the 2012/2013 Ensemble Studio, the singers will be competing for one of four cash prizes.
A limited number of tickets priced at $30 are now on sale for the COC Ensemble Studio Competition, which takes place on Nov. 28, 2011 at 5:30 p.m. in the Richard Bradshaw Amphitheatre at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts.
Over the course of the two-hour competition, each finalist will perform two arias showcasing their vocal technique and range. The judging panel will deliberate on location and announce the competition winners at the conclusion of the evening’s event.
Select finalists will be invited to join the 12/13 Ensemble Studio, with the number of offers to be determined by the judging panel. First, second and third prizes, worth $5,000, $3,000, and $1,500, respectively, will be awarded, in addition to a People’s Choice Award, selected by audience vote, worth $1,500.
The young artists of the COC Ensemble Studio Competition are generously sponsored by Laurie & Fareed Ali, Earlaine Collins, Ninalee Craig, George & Kathy Dembroski, Marjorie & Roy Linden, Trina & Don McQueen, Sue Mortimer in memory of Clive Bennett Mortimer, Colleen Sexsmith, Sandra L. Simpson, Mr. Brian Wilks and two anonymous donors.
- Read more and buy tickets: