- — Felicia Sonmez (@feliciasonmez)Wed, May 09 2012 20:35:58Romney says in Okla he continues to believe marriage is btwn a man and a woman. Asked if he believes Obama has changed position, says yes
- — (@MikeBloomberg)Wed, May 09 2012 19:06:22
- — Michelle Jaconi (@mjaconiCNN)Wed, May 09 2012 20:15:28
- — Rick Santorum (@RickSantorum)Wed, May 09 2012 21:09:18The charade is over as Pres. Obama makes it clear where he stands on protecting marriage. Read my response here: http://ht.ly/aOcf6
- — Martin O'Malley (@GovernorOMalley)Wed, May 09 2012 19:15:20Today, President Obama affirmed that the way forward is always found through greater respect for the equal rights of all #MD4ME
- — Martin O'Malley (@GovernorOMalley)Wed, May 09 2012 19:20:24Ultimately we all want the same thing for our kids: to live in a loving, stable committed home protected equally under the law. #MD4ME
- — (@mayorvincegray)Wed, May 09 2012 18:37:25
- — Sen. Barbara Boxer (@SenatorBoxer)Wed, May 09 2012 20:22:40It’s a historic day – the President’s statement is a milestone & another step in our march toward #marriageequality for all.
- — Senator Jeff Merkley (@SenJeffMerkley)Wed, May 09 2012 19:04:08Obama’s support today for marriage equality is HUGE. Fundamental fairness for all is within reach!
- — JimInhofePressOffice (@InhofePress)Wed, May 09 2012 21:17:48After @BarackObama's announcement, Inhofe reiterates support for #DOMA, #TraditionalMarriage http://inhofe.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id=335c944d-0c16-ee6a-f41f-c0798e100461 ….gFB/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id=335c944d-0c16-ee6a-f41f-c0798e100461 #FB
- — Senator Hatch Office (@SenOrrinHatch)Wed, May 09 2012 20:46:50“Glad Pres finally laid out position to American ppl, but changing def of marriage isn't something I can support" http://ow.ly/aOaXy .
- — Frank R. Lautenberg (@FrankLautenberg)Wed, May 09 2012 20:28:23
- — Allen West (@AllenWest)Wed, May 09 2012 20:07:38Pres failures are masked by irrelevant pandering as a collectivist who does not respect individual sovereignty. More of the same politics.
Politicians react to President Obama's support for same-sex marriage
Rivals and members of the House and Senate respond to Obama's announcement.