- Defensive End Charles Johnson is not happy.
- — charles johnson (@randywattson)Mon, Oct 22 2012 14:14:54Marty wasn't the reason we are losing! That's bs! Unbelievable! Marty might be the realist GM that I know #InMyMind BS BS BS BS!
- But while Johnson was talking, other Panthers weren't.
- Fox Sports reporter Jay Glazer weighed in as well with his thoughts.
- — Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer)Mon, Oct 22 2012 14:08:55Have to say I really don't get the firing of GM Marty Hurney at this time. I understand they've been disappointing but timing to me is odd
- The Charlotte Observer columnist Scott Fowler was quick to weigh in as well.
- — scott_fowler (@scott_fowler)Mon, Oct 22 2012 14:15:30It was time for Panthers GM Marty Hurney to go -- and if I were Rivera I would be nervous. More thoughts: http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2012/10/it-was-time-for-hurney-to-go.html …s.blogspot.com/2012/10/it-was-time-for-hurney-to-go.html
- Nuts and bolts looking ahead? Look no further than the tweets from Pro Football Talk's Darin Gantt.
- — Darin Gantt (@daringantt)Mon, Oct 22 2012 14:28:00To the many questions, I would say, in short, that whoever takes over the football ops will clean house when they get here. How it works.
- — Darin Gantt (@daringantt)Mon, Oct 22 2012 14:29:36I'd say it's unlikely the Panthers would hire a coach-GM because it's flopped twice already. But Richardson's health a wild card here.
- — Darin Gantt (@daringantt)Mon, Oct 22 2012 14:30:12The things you have always been able to assume about the Panthers organization were thrown out the window this morning. No map now.
- — Darin Gantt (@daringantt)Mon, Oct 22 2012 14:36:16Good question. RT @JonAshDaniels: What happened between RR & Hurney? Absolutely no coordination between talent/style of play. Why was that?
- The speculation has already begun--was Cam Newton behind the firing on Hurney?
- Reporter Adam Caplan provided some great insight, too.
- — Adam Caplan (@caplannfl)Mon, Oct 22 2012 13:59:53Just texted a GM with the Hurney news: "Sorry to hear that. But u can't pay 2 RBs and not run the ball. Something wasn't right there."
- — Adam Caplan (@caplannfl)Mon, Oct 22 2012 14:09:31Panthers did not announce who is going to take over for now. Brandon Beane is the highest ranking official left (director of football ops).
- Rick Reilly offered his two cents, of course.
Social media reaction to Marty Hurney's firing
Twitter blew up Monday morning with the news that Carolina Panthers General Manager Marty Hurney was fired. From players to the media, insights and analysis poured in immediately.
byCaleb Troop538 Views