- Incredible amount of coverage can be found here:
- Here's the timeline of events:
4:30 a.m. press conference with Sgt. Patrick Swanton, spokesperson for the Waco Police Department, who operated as the PIO Wednesday night into Thursday morning for West.
8:30 a.m. press conference with Sgt. SwantonWhat I learned:- There are signs of possible looting in blast area. Don't know what was taken or from where.- The fire in the plant and fires in nearby homes are all smoldering at blast site.
- — Nick Dean (@bynickdean)Thu, Apr 18 2013 06:47:24ATF agents handling the explosion investigation. McLennan Sheriff's office handling deaths investigation. They all met up at 7 a.m. briefing
- — Nick Dean (@bynickdean)Thu, Apr 18 2013 06:48:59Area closed off near blast sight for longer for safety is possible "If that means offending ppl who want to go home, we'll apologize later."
- — Nick Dean (@bynickdean)Thu, Apr 18 2013 07:00:40Swanton says the people in West on leaning on each other during this. "They won't leave someone standing in the rain." #westexplosion
10 a.m. press conference in which Swanton introduces new info. officers that will relieve him. They are Texas DPS troopers. Sgt. Jason Reyes and Noe Fernandez.What I learned:
Then took a break: