1. Tape-delaying what the rest of the world watched live
- — Nick Henderson (@smokintiger)Fri, Jul 27 2012 22:42:12
- — Mark Joyella (@standupkid)Sat, Jul 28 2012 00:03:42NBC thinks we're too dumb to watch the Olympics without help. Spox tells @WSJ "they require context" which NBC will provide much later.
- — Heidi N. Moore (@moorehn)Sat, Jul 28 2012 19:45:08
2. Cutting content for commercials
- — Heidi N. Moore (@moorehn)Sat, Jul 28 2012 00:08:22
- — Kate Harding (@KateHarding)Sat, Jul 28 2012 00:02:53This is why I never watch TV in real time anymore. "Jackasses talking. Commercials. Jackasses. Thing you want to wat--commercial. Jackass."
- — Max Hernandez (@ministrybureau)Sat, Jul 28 2012 04:28:51Dear NBC, thank u 4 playing all those commercials during the olympic opening ceremonies. I almost forgot how shitty network tv is.
- — Urvi Nagrani (@theurv)Sat, Jul 28 2012 04:59:31
3. Failing at geography...and social studies...and...
- — Heidi N. Moore (@moorehn)Sat, Jul 28 2012 02:51:36RT @patricox: "Then came Moldova." That was it. Moldovans haven't had much luck, but they did escape condescending characterizations on NBC
#nbcfail: 8 Ways NBC Blew Olympics Coverage
From tape-delays to ridiculous and ignorant commentary, Twitter agreed: NBC sucked at covering the 2012 opening ceremony. UPDATED 7/30 with @guyadams suspension and NBC smugness.
byBrandon Ballenger14 Likes60,946 Views