- “Nobody can really say they’ve run a truly successful community currency. And none of us can really say that we know what we’re doing” – this was how Tom Shakhli, manager of the Brixton Pound, opened CCIA’s conference last Friday, 24th April.
- — CCs in Action (@CCIA_EU)Mon, Apr 27 2015 14:25:21
- — Vica (@ldvcrgrs)Sat, Apr 25 2015 11:52:07
- — CCs in Action (@CCIA_EU)Fri, Apr 24 2015 17:37:24
- — Kristina Glushkova (@tinich)Fri, Apr 24 2015 17:28:31Very much enjoyed the @brixtonpound conference today. Thoughtful discussion of money's role in power structures & communities.
- — Claudio Gisler (@claudiogisler)Fri, Apr 24 2015 15:25:06Agreed. Hope this topic will also be covered in Swiss schools in future... https://twitter.com/brixtonpound/status/591597933704904705 …
- — This Aint RocknRoll (@thisaintrock)Fri, Apr 24 2015 15:09:27Fascinating talk on money and magic from Nigel Dodd of the LSE at today's @brixtonpound conference. Yep. Magic. Magick. Sorcery!
- — Brixton Pound (@brixtonpound)Fri, Apr 24 2015 15:06:50
- — Brixton Pound (@brixtonpound)Fri, Apr 24 2015 15:05:10
- — Brixton Pound (@brixtonpound)Fri, Apr 24 2015 15:04:10
- — Brixton Pound (@brixtonpound)Fri, Apr 24 2015 14:54:04Tends to be dead people on notes, cause they can't do anything to alter reputation, commit gaffes - alive people "too risky" #CCIABpound
- — Brixton Pound (@brixtonpound)Fri, Apr 24 2015 14:51:32The bridges on euro notes dont actually exist. Assumption ppl would fight over which monuments to use, so fictional ones created #CCIABpound
- — L&S Mind (@LS_Mind)Fri, Apr 24 2015 14:44:47@brixtonpound We will have a stall in the Main Marquee of the Charity area at the LAMBETH COUNTRY SHOW, 18-19 July. PLS ReTweet. Thanks
- — Brixton Pound (@brixtonpound)Fri, Apr 24 2015 14:45:11
Community Currencies Conference, Brixton 2015
Community Currencies in Action is a transnational project laying the ground for currency innovations designed for the common good. Providing a package of support structures to develop initiatives across North West Europe, we are promoting community currencies as a credible vehicle for achieving positive social, environmental and local economic outcomes. As a partner in this project, Lambeth Council is hosting a conference which will focus on its famous community currency, the Brixton Pound, and explore various themes around it. We are delighted that we will be holding the event at the Black Cultural Archives, the founder of which, Len Garrison, is celebrated on the paper B£1.
byBrixton Pound1 Like57 Views