Jack Cohen - Massless
- Generally people are unhappy with the way we interact with computers and content - and he's basing his life on that. "Computer" used to be a job description rather than a thing he says. A computer these days is a comms device, a media platform and a calculator. And now we have VR devices such as Oculus Rift.
- We can see in 3D and anything becomes a computing space. He has found investment and is getting into product mode.
- Discussion of differences between AR/VR - very interesting - how will this change social interactions. Realtime full body scanning not far away says Jack - and this will give a new way of seeing people in 3D.
- How necessary is haptic feedback? He's in two minds about this - there are visual cues and these may be enough. Full haptics may not be practical but some kind of touch sensitive response may be both helpful and possible.
Kate Hofman - GrowUp Urban Farms
- Agriculture uses 30% of the available land and up to 70% of available water.
- How can you farm sustainably at scale in urban areas? That's what GrowUp is about.
- She's learned that things take twice as long as you think when you're dealing with big companies and their decision processes.
- Strong focus on the local market - and on people in cities understanding more about food production.