- After nearly two years of labor talks and a massive budget shortfall, the Philadelphia School Reform Commission dealt district teachers a blow Monday by canceling their contracts and saddling them with some of the costs of their own health care. The teachers would risk losing their licenses by striking, so the kids took matters into their own hands this morning.
- — FolloCantEvenWithYou (@MadLuv4Biebs)Wed, Oct 08 2014 12:39:11
- — NBC10 Philadelphia (@NBCPhiladelphia)Wed, Oct 08 2014 14:17:05
- — Fight for Philly (@fightforphilly)Wed, Oct 08 2014 13:02:23
- It was unclear as of early Wednesday morning just how many schools were involved in the student-led strike, but many began mobilizing using social media and the hashtag #studentsforteachers.
- — Marta Rose (@marta_rose)Tue, Oct 07 2014 22:41:00
Philly students on strike for their teachers
The SRC ripped up their teachers' contracts Monday -- now students are striking outside their schools.
byBilly Penn1 Like7,584 Views