- This report gives the 'story' of the day, including social media interaction, key discussion points, and presentations for download. Read on to find out about what everyone learned, and the innovative developments by BIDs helping to deliver inclusive growth across Scotland.
- National Report on BIDs in Scotland
- The occasion also saw the launch of the The National Report on BIDs in Scotland 2017: Ten Years of Achievement and Growth. The report provides a snapshot of the impacts and outcomes of the 36 established and 24 developing BIDs across Scotland.
Some big hitting figures demonstrate the BIDs' substantial input to Scotland’s inclusive growth and economic development, as of September 2016, leveraging in over £19.6 million of additional investment, over and above the £41.3 million invested as a consequence of the BID levy since 2008. BIDs have also added 80 directly created jobs generating a Gross Value Added (G.V.A.) of £3 million. These figures will rise significantly over the next five years as further developing BIDs come into operation.
- The Gathering saw over 200 stakeholders in BIDs attend from around Scotland, the UK, and European countries such as Belgium and Italy. The event drew significant media interest, such as this article in the Courier newspaper:
- The aim of this year’s Gathering was to examine the theme of “People, Place, Business: Business Improvement Districts - the key to inclusive economic growth”. This involved looking at the power and impact of the BID model in Scotland, distinct economic impact case studies, and learning from innovative experiences in Scotland, the UK and further afield.
- The following exhibitors also participated, and interacted with delegates throughout the day: 802 Event Wifi, The Army in Scotland, Direct Distribution; Elephant WiFi, The Melting Pot, Miconex, Our Community Hub, Pinpointer, Pop Up Power Supplies, Rapier Systems, Ryden, Scottish Empty Homes Partnership, Springboard, and Town Centre Activities Ltd .
- Presentation Slides
Read more below about the day’s speakers, workshops and discussions below. To access the event presentations, please click the links here:
- Main Auditorium Slideshow (excl Willie Wood slideshow)
Willie Wood Main Auditorium Slideshow
Workshop 1 - Challenges and Opportunities: Bill Harvey & David Grove; Claire Carpenter.
Workshop 2 - Tourism Matters: Ros Halley.
Workshop 3 - Making it Happen:Money and People: Rhonda McLean and Joy Lewis.
Workshop 4 - Monitoring and Evaluating your BID: Suzanne Hamilton & Willie Wood.
- Networking Breakfast and Exhibition
When delegates arrived, they were able to enjoy morning coffee and pastries while networking in the exhibition space.