Official opening of : OliverGajda (Director ECN) & BPI France
Keynote speeck 1:
Alessandro Tappi / Head of Guarantees, Securisation & Microfinance, EIF
Some of the snapshots:
- EIF increasingly interested in CF
- EIF does financing of small business. CF is clearly a way to finance the gap in financing paths for SME's
- CF, AF, Fintech, Financial inclusion = an important evolutions in finance
- Lending platforms, P2P, marketplace lenders bring organisation to the market. Invoice trading complements this additionally.
- US still leading in the P2P sphere, UK great progress (lendingclub, tradesetter), Continental EU : development & growth, but no clear success model - but clearly growth
New model = hybrid model :: platform/models that combine different models
- market for rewards/financial model
- market for P2P lending
Close link to VC/AN, but also invoice trading
Important to respect and be transparant for all partners in the equation: SME's, borrowers, investors.
UK: EIF convinced that there's a large potential for growth. No signs of a retrenching, high growth rate.
Continental EU: small niche markets, by operational local platforms