- — claire howorth (@clairehoworth)Fri, Aug 17 2012 22:38:32having read both new (& good, i thot) Alix Ohlin books, i disagree w NYT review & am esp bothered by last graf. wont tweet link.
- — John Williams (@johnwilliamsnyt)Fri, Aug 17 2012 21:16:471/2 With talk of criticism's role and tone in the air, William Giraldi's take on books by Alix Ohlin is worth reading: http://nyti.ms/Q4tMLa a
- — peter manseau (@petermanseau)Fri, Aug 17 2012 22:08:56
- — Amy MacKinnon (@AmyMacKinnon)Fri, Aug 17 2012 22:19:41Dear William Giraldi, that's not a review, but a jealous tantrum. For shame. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/books/review/inside-and-signs-and-wonders-by-alix-ohlin.html?pagewanted=all …om/2012/08/19/books/review/inside-and-signs-and-wonders-by-alix-ohlin.html?pagewanted=all
- — Carolyn Kellogg (@paperhaus)Sat, Aug 18 2012 16:51:01Beginning a book review with the "2kinds of writers" trope makes one ineligible to rant about cliche. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/books/review/inside-and-signs-and-wonders-by-alix-ohlin.html …om/2012/08/19/books/review/inside-and-signs-and-wonders-by-alix-ohlin.html @accomodatingly
- — alexanderchee (@alexanderchee)Sat, Aug 18 2012 16:58:46The narcissistic framing Girardi begins his review with suggests his problem w Alix Ohlin is that she isn't like him. http://nyti.ms/RqNsA6 6
- — Janice Harayda (@janiceharayda)Sat, Aug 18 2012 18:21:23Another problem w/Wlliam Giraldi’s NYTBR review, funny as parts are: All books fall short if compared to DON QUIXOTE http://nyti.ms/Nurp5J J.
- — Center for Fiction (@Center4Fiction)Sat, Aug 18 2012 19:33:00Guess the era of "nice" is officially over as NYTBR sinks to a new low w/ that mean, stupid Grimaldi review of the fine writer @AlixOhlin
- — Ryan Sanford Smith (@RSanfordSmith)Sat, Aug 18 2012 20:14:00Stunned as I watch William Giraldi's NYT review of Alex Ohlin draw so many complaints. Scathing review, but seemed to deserve every word.
- — Alex Estes (@deskofalex)Sat, Aug 18 2012 14:09:32It's Giraldi's review that gives negative crit a bad name. This review has no value. It tells me nothing. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/books/review/inside-and-signs-and-wonders-by-alix-ohlin.html?pagewanted=all …om/2012/08/19/books/review/inside-and-signs-and-wonders-by-alix-ohlin.html?pagewanted=all
Harsh Book Review Sparks Strong Twitter Reaction
byBarbara Chai6,348 Views