- The Twenty Million Minds organization, a California-based non-profit which helped push through the state's legislation last year supporting openly licensed college textbooks, sponsored an event on the UCLA campus today that brought together numerous policymakers, industry leaders, and faculty, student, and administration representatives to talk about the future of California's public higher education system.
- "The purpose of the panel discussion is to raise the awareness and discuss key issues regarding the potential for online education to lower the costs for higher education in California."
- Welcome: Darrell Steinberg, California Senate Pro Tem
"The future of education -- across the board, K-12 and higher ed -- is taking education out of the classroom"
- Steinberg invokes his work on SB 1458 that would limit the usage of standardized test scores to rate a school's performance
- Setting the Stage: Jeff Selingo, Editor at Large, Chronicle of Higher Education