CAMP LEATHERNECK/CAMP BASTION, AFGHANISTAN
- CNN has not received information that the attacks on Camp Leatherneck/Camp Bastion were related in any way to the day's anti-Islam film protests. We are including it here as it relates to violence experienced in Arab and Muslim countries on Friday.
Camp Bastion took indirect fire and small arms. There was no organized demonstration outside the gate ahead of the attack. The situation is now under control and there are security patrols assessing the damage and bolster security.- ISAF spokesman to CNN
- Yes the base in Afghanistan that was attacked today is the base that Danny is on. Oh, Please pray for them all..there were several marines who were killed today. I know in my mind he will do what he must, but my heart is in a frighting place right now. Don't know how long I can hold back the tears of fear. I have a mother of a headache right now.
- Jeremiah is at Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan awaiting his plane home. Fox News has just announced that that camp has just been attacked and that there are wounded, but that's alll lthey know right now. Please pray for my baby. Pray his plane has already left or if not that he is uninjured and covered by Jesus's precious blood. Thank you so mucyh.
- Friday, a fire was set at the vacated German Embassy as protesters gathered there. The protest at the U.S. building so has been peaceful, journalist Isma'il Kamal Kushkush said (see 8:42 a.m. entry). Two people were killed by a police vehicle when protesters gathered outside the U.S. Embassy. - CNN and SUNA reports
SANAA, YEMENA U.S. Marine Corps security team is being sent to aid in the protection of U.S. diplomatic installations in Yemen, including the embassy in Sa'ana, a senior US official said. -CNN
- RT.COM reports Yemeni police deployed water cannons and fired tear gas and warning shots to disperse a crowd of protesters massed near the US embassy in Sanaa, the capital city. Embassy employees are reportedly in transit to a secure location.