- Getting excited!
- Lots of real-life excitement was reflected online...the Experimental Archaeology Conference is eagerly anticipated by its participants. It's a chance to meet up with old friends, make new ones, explore familiar and unfamiliar research, crafts and technology, and spend time with a diverse group of people united in their passion for understanding and presenting the past.
- — EXARC (@exarc_net)Mon, Jan 12 2015 08:57:06
- — IAFS (@IrishArchaeo)Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:13:14
- — Tudor Cook (@tudorcook)Wed, Jan 14 2015 12:25:39so get printer ink, get some euros, print all documents, pack bags, practice presentation...all still to do today for #EAC9 No worries!
- — Sally Pointer (@sallypointer)Wed, Jan 14 2015 15:15:23Gareth is concocting a specially good chilli for dinner, I have a glass of wine, & we're packed for #EAC9. Still haven't done any work today
- — Brian Dolan (@seandalaiocht)Thu, Jan 15 2015 10:23:36Looking forward to #EAC9 tomorrow. Can't beat a bit of experimental archaeology. Might even send a few tweets while I'm there
- A number of delegates enjoyed their flights into Dublin Airport. Enjoyed might not be quite the right word...the fresh Winter winds resulted in some delays.
- — Katy Whitaker (@artefactual_KW)Thu, Jan 15 2015 14:38:46
- 16 January: Day 1 (day one for the majority, various people had previously engaged in round-table discussions the day before). In the well-appointed auditorium of the O'Brien Science Centre on UCD Belfield Campus, the first session theme was (Re)constructing Houses and Buildings.
- — Ruth FT (@RuthFT)Fri, Jan 16 2015 09:14:24First up Graeme Warren talking a out Experimental reconstructions of Mesolithic houses I'm Ireland #eac9 http://experimentalarchaeology.org.uk/2014/09/27/9th-experimental-archaeology-conference-abstract-warren-and-murphy/ …
- — Steve Burrow (@BurrowSteve)Fri, Jan 16 2015 09:22:55#eac9 paper by warren touches on how to convince h&s to let you build a meso house expected to fall down (after a while...)
- — Tudor Cook (@tudorcook)Fri, Jan 16 2015 09:34:46Paper 1 on reconstructing Mesolithic turf covered house with the intention of it collapsing for further research was fascinating #EAC9
Experimental Archaeology Conference 9
The ninth Experimental Archaeology Conference was held over 16-18 January 2015 at University College, Dublin. International delegates were hosted by UCD School of Archaeology and the Irish National Heritage Park. 20 papers and 26 posters were presented. William Schindler gave the keynote address.