- Getting to the conference
- coordinating hashtag
- Finishing papers
- — EvolvedTech (@EvolvedTech)Wed, Mar 30 2011 23:45:23I rode five hrs xcountry to wait on Sacramento sidewalk for #saa2011 ... Finished paper on plane though, dat is nominal, ordinal and Mssppn
- Even the day before the papers start virtual attendees are already listening in...
- ... and benefiting from engaging conference attendees through social media.
- Networking begins before everyone even gets to Sacramento
- — brockter (@brockter)Thu, Mar 31 2011 00:28:29
- and some advertising to let interested parties know your work is out there.
- — magikspells (@magikspells)Thu, Mar 31 2011 04:02:47
- Live tweets from session attendees -- what do we REALLY get out of it? Details not in the abstracts, a preview to peer review, guidance for papers we might want to track down. Benefits improve when comparing live tweets with the conference abstract SAA 2011 Final Program
Attending #SAA2011 via Twitter Day 1
Some thoughts from following #SAA2011 and not attending the conference in person, from about 1100AM - 800 pm EST. The notes I made were geared toward non-social media audience and just general reflection.
byNicolas Laracuente291 Views