- After getting angry at your kids, your probable reaction may be to start shouting and yelling. After the anger is gone, there comes the remorse about yelling; and then we apologize. But, we yell again when we get angry. While yelling, we often say the words that a calmer person doesn’t say. The immediate drawback of yelling is that the children feel about the connection between you two getting weaker with every instance. Strengthening this connection again is one of the most difficult tasks you can ever imagine.
- So, is it really possible to stop yelling? It certainly is. It doesn’t really matter how much you yell and it also doesn’t matter if your child acts out strongly. Once you are determined to stop yelling, you can do it.
- So, is it the hard work? No, it’s the hardest one. But, it is going to give you the surprisingly amazing results in the end.
Take a wow
- When you take a public wow in front of your family that you are not going to yell, you are bound to avoid the bad reactions which come out due to anger. You can make your child the judge who would give you a sticker reward every time you would talk to him/her respectfully. This practice is to show your family that you are improving with every passing day. This way, you will also be able to get rid of your ego.
Try to develop good emotions
- Children need kindness from you. And if you try to be kind while emotional state isn’t complying with your actions, that wouldn’t do well for very long. Somehow, you will need to regulate your emotions nicely. You will have to bring the brighter side of your personality if you really want to be kind to your kids with your heart. The disadvantage of running empty on emotions is that you will not be able to stay nice when your child will push your panic buttons. In order to be good from your heart, you will need to think positive.
While you are trying hard, set limitations for your children
- It is true that you are trying you best to show your best behavior. You show you sense of humor to normalize the situation. But, there are situations when you are pushed to reach the end of that limit you are trying to maintain. So, you can politely tell your kid about the limit you are trying to stay in. Try not to be pushed to that dangerous edge.
Children are children
- This is one of the most important things you will need to keep in mind. Children are bound to make mistakes which the parents find hard to bear. But, when you think that children have not developed the logical understanding of this level, you will automatically tend to ignore the mistake. This way, you will be able to be more tolerant.