- — dustin curtis (@dcurtis)Wed, Aug 29 2012 21:04:06This is one of the most stupid things ever published: http://www.buzzfeed.com/benjaminj4/how-white-is-the-new-internet …com/benjaminj4/how-white-is-the-new-internet
- — Ben Jackson (@benjaminjackson)Thu, Aug 30 2012 22:54:11@dcurtis Hi Dustin! Sorry you felt that way. The code and data we collected are on github if you'd like to run them and write up a rebuttal.
- — dustin curtis (@dcurtis)Thu, Aug 30 2012 23:47:06@benjaminjackson You made insinuations about emotional things that are irrelevant, which is the biggest journalistic crime you can commit.
- — Ben Jackson (@benjaminjackson)Thu, Aug 30 2012 23:50:54@dcurtis Are you referring to "lack of diversity"? "Sexism"? My crack about the ladies' room, or Provo? Or "reality is likely more complex"?
- — Ben Jackson (@benjaminjackson)Thu, Aug 30 2012 23:51:30@dcurtis Or: "It might be easy to characterize these findings as… early adopters are frolicking in the fields of digital country clubs."
- — Ben Jackson (@benjaminjackson)Thu, Aug 30 2012 23:52:27@dcurtis Which I took pains to preemptively rebut, in the conclusion. The reality is really much more complex. I respect that.
- — Bernie Michalik (@blm849)Fri, Aug 31 2012 00:32:03
- — Ben Jackson (@benjaminjackson)Thu, Aug 30 2012 22:42:08Some context to go with my early adopters piece: Twitter in 2009 ( http://thekevindolan.com/2009/07/surprising-twitter-statistics/index.html ….com/2009/07 http://www.theatlanticwire.com/technology/2011/06/twitter-digital-melting-pot/38349/ …statistmattbuchananml) and 2011 (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/technology/2011/06/twitter-digital-melting-pot/38349/) via @mattbuchanan
Data, Inclusion, and "Stupidity"
The back-and-forth after data about demographics of Svbtle users was published.
byAnil Dash231 Views