- In Sheffield, we had twalkers from both of the city's universities as well as visitors from Anglia Ruskin, City, Leeds, Brighton, Derby, York St John and Manchester Met.
- Meanwhile, we were joined by colleagues in Liverpool.
- — Alex Spiers (@alexgspiers)Fri, Jul 28 2017 10:14:11
- — Ben McGrae (@bmcgrae)Fri, Jul 28 2017 10:18:33Will be meeting at 2:15 today outside the English Language Centre at Abercromby Square #twalk #twalkboundaries https://twitter.com/alexgspiers/status/890878042440183808 …
- — SHU_AcDev (@SHU_AcDev)Fri, Jul 28 2017 12:01:48Hoping for sunshine this afternoon's #Twalk on #LearningSpaces but bring a brolly in case of showers! #TwalkBoundaries https://twitter.com/andrewmid/status/890844049367760896 …
- In Sheffield our Twalk had been preceded by a brief tour of the labs in The Diamond, the University of Sheffield's new building mostly dedicated to Engineering.
- The weather in the UK, even at the end of July, was not ideal, but the theme of Crossing Boundaries is one that is about identity and belonging, and a bit of rain does wonders for creating a feeling of solidarity. So I hope Chris Rowell took delight from his sunny beach.
- A1 Our first pause point was the pub. The conversation turned to the relationship of the University to the city in fostering belonging, and how much or how little we do to recognise the places where students choose to hang out. The Cavendish pub sits on the main thoroughfare between the two universities in Sheffield. It offers free printing, wifi, etc for students.
- — Rod Cullen (@RodCullen)Fri, Jul 28 2017 13:31:28#TwalkBoundaries Topic 2 - I always held tutorials in the pub - part of biilding good relationship with students. Tutors are people too
Crossing Boundaries #Twalk with #LSSIG
On 28th July the UK Learning Spaces Special Interest Group came to Sheffield for the inaugural meeting hosted by the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University. We incorporated a walking tweetchat into the event to explore the idea of crossing boundaries.
byAndrew Middleton23 Views