MAPPING MY TRACKS:
- 10:18am - Construction workers have busted a pipe... Didn't start out so great! Not sounds one wants to be waking up to
- 11:48am - Central Cafe = Coffee...yes! New discovery, a toasted sandwich with peanut butter, banana and honey. $3
- I spent some time at the cafe browsing on the net. I few articles caught my eye - and perhaps a new hair color?
- 1:30pm - Made my way to BRIC Media Arts centre in downtown Brooklyn for a panel discussion with women editors. Was blown away.
- 4:00 - late lunch, found a new place called Smashburger. Not bad at all! Opened up a copy of 'The Artist's Way' - was trying to decide whether it's to cheesy for me or not.
- 4:45pm - Plan to walk to Brooklyn Heights Promenade but deterred by momentarily by Banana Republic factory outlet.. accidentally walked in and accidentally bought some discounted shoes... As I was leaving I saw a crowd of people hustled round a lady who appeared to have been hit by a bus - decided not to be another bystander gawking at her misfortune and continued on my way. I hope she was okay.
- 5:00pm - As I moved through Fulton Street Mall the streets were filled with the sounds of stalls selling ripped CDs. The tunes were a little something like this:
- 6:00pm - After a few detours figuring out how to get to the promenade, I am greeted by the East River and the Manhattan skyline. What a sight.
- 7:05pm - I catch the bus home. It's been a long fabulous day - however I'm reminded that the kitchen is a watery mess to be resolved. I do a makeshift clean and instead decided to sit back and watch a film made by one of the editors I hear that day.
- 9:30pm - I try to drop my long distance lover a line before retiring but it appears the universe is conspiring otherwise.