What does a bullet proof Arms Trade Treaty look like? We’d like to see a Treaty which prevents the transfers of arms likely to be used for human rights abuses, covers all types of arms deals at every level. We want a Treaty which can be brought into force now, and not in years’ time!
- Students are coming from around the country to be able to get some answers to their questions about a bulletproof Arms Trade Treaty:
- Whilst our event today doesn't officially start until 1pm, some school and university students have already been meeting their MPs - both this morning and back in their constituencies.
- A powerful start to the day's events from activist David Grimason. David's been campaigning for arms controls since his family were tragically caught up in an incident in Turkey, when his son was killed by an illegal firearm:
- Everyone in the room was incredibly moved - hear some of their reactions...
- ..then read his story below and tweet @amnestyuk with your own
- David's tragic experience has made him a powerful supporter of a bullet proof Arms Trade Treaty and his campaigning has taken him around the world.
- Amnesty's expert on the arms trade, Oliver Sprague joined David for a Q&A - both offering some pretty horrific truths.
- And those big numbers making a big impact on the young people here.
- Next up, students tell us about the campaigning they've been doing around the country - some great work!