- — Sophia Banks (@sophiaphotos)Wed, May 08 2013 12:32:57Income from my business dropped about 90% due to coming out as trans and the resulting transphobia. This is why I get all grumpy sometimes.
- — Sophia Banks (@sophiaphotos)Sun, Apr 07 2013 23:52:23My business billings went down $90 000 since I came out as a trans woman. I am reduced to taking scraps of compassion to survive.
- — Sophia Banks (@sophiaphotos)Wed, May 15 2013 12:43:59Social workers + employment counsellors make it out like it is my fault I cant get a job b/c "I chose to come out as trans".
- — Sophia Banks (@sophiaphotos)Tue, May 14 2013 19:09:36I have a LOT of trans friends who are suicidal b/c they cant come out at work and keep their jobs and / or will be cut off from families.
- — Sophia Banks (@sophiaphotos)Tue, May 14 2013 00:35:21Just a reminder that 41%-48% of trans people will attempt suicide. Damn fucking right the trans community cares about this. #PSA
- — Sophia Banks (@sophiaphotos)Mon, Apr 15 2013 19:37:57Trans women I know who had professional careers are being forced into sex work to avoid eviction and then judged for bing sex workers.
- — Sophia Banks (@sophiaphotos)Sun, Apr 14 2013 00:48:53Cis world wont hire trans women which drives many to sex work where my friends get beaten by shit head men. Arrested for carrying condoms.
- — Sophia Banks (@sophiaphotos)Tue, Apr 16 2013 00:37:29Oh, but of course my trans friends can nor carry condoms b/c the cops would use that as evidence to arrest them for sex work.
- — Sophia Banks (@sophiaphotos)Fri, May 10 2013 15:49:59> Far too many trans SW's are receiving criminal records over work they often turn to out of desperation to make ends meet.
Transphobia and income security
Transphobia has often radically negative impacts on trans people's incomes, which in turn affects things like mental health, access to housing, and experiences of violence (individual & state). Yeah, we pretty much have to do something.
bySteph Guthrie64 Views