- We rushed to class on February 26, anxious to discover our surprise in-class task. And there it was! We had an hour and 15 minutes to tweet responses to 10 questions as professionally as possible.
Q1: Ask a professor what they think the role social media plays in social change.
- It was a definitely lucky start. Guess who passed by as we were skimming through the questions? The Journalism and Mass Communication Department chair!
Q2: Ask a student where they get their news and if they use social media to keep up on the news.
- That was an easy one, considering there are over 6,000 students at AUC.
Q3: Academic excellence: How AUC contributes to cutting edge research and/or learning.
Q4: Photo and quote of something you think many people might not know about AUC/our campus.
- If all students left campus using buses, there will be over 75 people per bus!
- This is another fact that I had no idea about. It feels great to get into the investigative journalist mode!
- Here's a little-known fact that made me smile. Mr. Fawzy always makes my day!
Q5: Extra curricular extravaganza :: a photo and quote that exemplifies some of the huge variety of clubs, organizations, etc. available to students at AUC.
- There are dozens of clubs at AUC. These are just a few.
- Although there are numerous clubs at AUC, they are different than clubs at other universities. The tweet below sparked this thought.
Q6: A photo and quote from somebody about AUC sports teams or the sports facilities.
- Just as we were wondering how long it would take to walk to the gym, this gentleman passed across us.