- After all, your day starts in a kitchen, and if you’re a cooking mom who has teenage boys, it's probably the one place you spend your entire day. But, even if you're not, a kitchen is one of the biggest focal points to a house. So, it's an area that is well worth your time and investment. But, this doesn't mean that you need to spend an arm and a leg to make your kitchen look nice. In fact, this article we will give you some ideas of how to inexpensively update your kitchen without putting our hurt on your bank account.
- The first way you can make your kitchen look more elegant and expensive is by updating all of your hardware. By simply changing out your hardware you can completely change the look of your kitchen. One way you can do this is by replacing drawer and cabinet pulls. By doing this you can even make a piece of furniture or your cabinets look completely different and new. Plus, the major benefit to something like this is that it is very inexpensive, yet very easy to do.
Another way you can update your kitchen is by using lighter color walls. By using a light color on the walls, you can instantly brighten the space. It also will help make the space look larger, and by default more expensive. Plus, when you use brighter color walls it can help reflect light, which can hide the multiple flaws that are the scratches, dings, in dents in your cabinets.
- Adding back splashes are another way to give your kitchen an expensive look. By adding in a backsplash you are brining in a whole new look that only has to be applied to a small section in your kitchen. One great idea for a backsplash is using something like a faux brick wall panel. Faux stone panels look like real stone, but are a fraction of the cost. So, you get the look of real stone, which gives your kitchen a very extravagant look. But, you’re paying a fraction of the price. Plus, faux stone panels are mildew, mold, and water resistant, which make it the perfect material for a backsplash.
- Replacing your cabinet drawers is also a good way to not only update your kitchen, but to also make it look far more extravagant. However, you won't have to pay the huge price tag of replacing all of your cabinets. And, if you want to save even more money, you can just refinish your cabinet drawers by sanding them down and re-staining them. This will give your kitchen a sleek new look, without putting a hurt on your wallet.
- Another cheap way to give your kitchen a makeover is by updating your lighting. You won’t believe how making a simple adjustment like this, can completely change the entire look of your kitchen. And, when you use chandeliers or pendants, you not only brighten your kitchen, but you completely will change the mood of the space
Finally, one of the best ways you can take a drab kitchen and make it look like a million bucks is to paint your appliances stainless steel. When you paint them, you will have the complete look of stainless steel, but without the hefty price tag that comes with it. And nothing screams expensive and luxury more than stainless steel appliances.