- Ahmed attended University of Wisconsin-Madison until he graduated in the summer of 2014. During his time at college he amassed 11 NCAA All-American awards in track and cross country and an Olympic berth in the 10,000m at the 2012 London Olympic Games. At the 2013 World Championships in Moscow, Mohammed had a breakthrough performance recording the highest finish in Canadian History in the 10,000m event with his 9th place finish, almost equaling his lifetime best in the process with a 27:35.76 clocking.
Moment of Truth
- Watch as Mohammed sped ahead of the competition at the Men's 10,000 Final Pan Am Games.
- Could you help yourself not to stick out your tongue like Michael Jordan. We're no scientists, but the tongue maybe be a causation of the phenoms top speed.
- Ahmed finished in 28 minutes, 49.96 seconds, besting Team USA’s Aron Rono, who finished second in 28:50.83. Ahmed, Rono and Juan Luis Barrios of Mexico broke away from the pack with 300 meters to go as Rono grabbed the lead. With just under 200 meters to go, Ahmed passed Rono on the outside and sprinted to the finish. The Pan American Games are the world’s third-largest international multi-sport games, as only the Summer Olympics and the Asian Games are larger. The Pan Am Games, which feature athletes from 41 countries, take place every four years the summer prior to the Summer Olympics.
- Here as some of the many reactions on the inter-webs.