- — Rep.George Miller (@askgeorge)Mon, Jan 13 2014 18:47:29Thank you for 40 remarkable years. The fight for America's middle class and working families goes on. What a wonderful experience it's been.
- — Nancy Pelosi (@NancyPelosi)Mon, Jan 13 2014 17:21:20For 40 years, @askgeorge has served America as a model legislator. Thanks, my friend, for your inspired leadership. You'll be dearly missed.
- — Rep. Eric Swalwell (@RepSwalwell)Mon, Jan 13 2014 17:55:55Thank you Rep. George Miller (@askgeorge) for your decades of service. Your leadership will be missed in Congress and esp. in the Bay Area.
“This is a great institution and I cannot thank my family and my constituents enough for having given me the honor and privilege of representing my district in Congress these past 40 years,”said Miller (D-CA-Contra Costa County).
“I have tried to repay them for their confidence by working hard every day to make our country a better place. I’m proud of what I have been able to accomplish on behalf of children, working people and the environment, in my district and for our country, especially passage of national health care reform.
"Now, I look forward to one last year in Congress fighting the good fight and then working in new venues on the issues that have inspired me. What a wonderful experience this has been.”
- — POLITICO (@politico)Mon, Jan 13 2014 16:47:24#breaking: Calif Rep. George Miller, Pelosi’s strong right arm & top Dem legislator of his generation, stepping down at the end of this year
- — Jonathan Martin (@jmartNYT)Mon, Jan 13 2014 16:51:43Retirement of George Miller means just 1 Watergate Baby left in the House who has continually served since '74: Waxman
- — Harris Walker (@TheHarrisWalker)Mon, Jan 13 2014 16:52:12George Miller (@askgeorge), a champion for education & particularly kids with disabilities, will step down after four decades in Congress.
- — Andrea Zuniga (@andiezd)Mon, Jan 13 2014 16:53:21Sad to hear George Miller is retiring. I enjoyed working for him on Ed & Labor. He is a true champion for working families @askgeorge
- — Mike Kruger (@mikekruger)Mon, Jan 13 2014 16:54:37Thank you George Miller (@askgeorge) for your years of service and fighting the good fight. Will miss your leadership in Congress,
- — Lisa M. Maatz (@LisaMaatz)Mon, Jan 13 2014 16:54:44Completely bummed CA Rep George Miller, a top Dem legislator of his generation, 2step down at end of yr after 40yrs in Congress @askgeorge
- — LaSanya Rucker (@sanacardi)Mon, Jan 13 2014 16:55:33Calif. Rep. George Miller served four decades in Congress. Miller informed Pelosi, the Democratic leader, of his decision last Wednesday
- — Ben Pershing (@benpershing)Mon, Jan 13 2014 16:55:33George Miller retirement is huge - one of the last remnants of the old Phil Burton machine in CA. Was Burton's favorite protege.
- — Alex Burns (@aburnspolitico)Mon, Jan 13 2014 16:56:08"I'm just tired of my legislative career being reduced to goofy roommate TV segments," Miller said, in my imagination http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/george-miller-retirement-102098.html …
- — Midwestern Views (@MidwestViews)Mon, Jan 13 2014 17:00:02@politico Hate to be too partisan, but George Miller is so hyper-partisan himself that I'm hopeful anyone coming in has to be less so.
- — Primary Colors (@PrimaryBlog)Mon, Jan 13 2014 17:00:58George Miller was a good one — expected him to vote progressive 86.7% and he voted more like 94.1%. He will be missed! #CA11
- — Brian O'Donnell (@Brian_ODonnell)Mon, Jan 13 2014 17:01:08Sad to see Rep. George Miller @askgeorge planning to retire. He has been a hero for wilderness and land conservation in Congress.
- — Edwin Giraldo (@giraldoedwin)Mon, Jan 13 2014 17:01:16George Miller, congresista demócrata muy crítico con los derechos laborales en Colombia, no buscará reelección. ONGs pierden un gran aliado.