- Tracy Martin, father of Trayvon Martin, tweeted Saturday evening in the wake of the jury's verdict:
- — Tracy Martin (@BTraymartin9)Sun, Jul 14 2013 02:24:39God blessed Me & Sybrina with Tray and even in his death I know my baby proud of the FIGHT we along with all of you put up for him GOD BLESS
- — Tracy Martin (@BTraymartin9)Sun, Jul 14 2013 02:26:26Thanks to everyone who are with us and who will be with us si we together can make sure that this doesn't happen again
- Sybrina Fulton, mother of Trayvon Martin, also tweeted early Saturday and immediately after the verdict:
- — Sybrina Fulton (@SybrinaFulton)Sat, Jul 13 2013 13:29:24I would like to share with you my favorite bible verse: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rlb4m3
- — Sybrina Fulton (@SybrinaFulton)Sun, Jul 14 2013 03:07:16Lord during my darkest hour I lean on you. You are all that I have. At the end of the day, GOD is still in (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rlbgeq
- Public figures and celebrities weighed in -- and so did some not-so-public figures:
- — rolandsmartin (@rolandsmartin)Sun, Jul 14 2013 02:06:40Judge Nelson just told Zimmerman, "you're free to go." But Trayvon is still dead. Why? Because he was walking while Black.
- — Rev Jesse Jackson Sr (@RevJJackson)Sun, Jul 14 2013 02:08:08Avoid violence, it will lead to more tragedies. Find a way for self construction not deconstruction in this time of despair. #ZimmermanTrial
- — rolandsmartin (@rolandsmartin)Sun, Jul 14 2013 02:08:31This is a shameful decision by the jury. Had Zimmerman not considered Trayvon a suspect, and followed him, Trayvon would be alive today.
Reaction: #ZimmermanTrial not-guilty verdict
Social media takes in the six-person Florida jury's final response in the trial of Florida neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman for the killing of 16-year-old Trayvon Martin
byGeorge Kelly5,642 Views