- Reaction from around Northern California and beyond:
- — Joy Reid (@TheReidReport)Fri, Jul 19 2013 17:40:01Obama: black folks understand the challenges faced by black boys. They get upset when the context is being ignored and denied.
- — Sasha Veliko-Shapko (@TheLastRussian)Fri, Jul 19 2013 17:40:48If Obama could stop talking about how trayvon could've been his son or himself years ago, that'd be great
- — Jonathan Korman (@miniver)Fri, Jul 19 2013 17:40:54"Trayvon Martin could've been me, 35 years ago" MT @JamilSmith I never thought I'd hear an American president say these things.
- — #Justice4Trayvon (@jcrillz)Fri, Jul 19 2013 17:50:39If Trayvon would've been armed and killed GZ in self defense, he'd have been found guilty of murder. Same problem exists here.
Reaction: @BarackObama: #Trayvon 'could have been me'
Select social media posts assessing the president's unexpected statements Friday on the Florida jury's not-guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial for the slaying of a Florida teenager, possible reforms for Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law and other gun policies, and America's racial history
byGeorge Kelly755 Views