- — lea wengroff (@leawengroff)Thu, Jan 16 2014 15:35:58Oscar nominations this year are not all that exciting. I’m starting to worry that they will end up being fairly predictable. #Oscars
- — Aldrin Francisco (@inezco)Thu, Jan 16 2014 15:51:27What really irks me about the Oscars is these nominations aren't a representation of the "best" of 2013 but the "best" Oscar campaigns
- — Craig Gary Phillips (@craigary)Thu, Jan 16 2014 16:17:29This year Oscars' major categories were decided by everyone's conservative yet eccentric, key party-attending, appletini-drinking aunt.
- — Katie Coyle (@krcoyle)Thu, Jan 16 2014 16:26:43Not to say that the Oscars are meaningless, just that they get swept up in trends and IMPORTANT movies & lose sight of what's lasting, good.
- — Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow)Thu, Jan 16 2014 17:46:55Woke up early to be ready for the #OscarNoms! I've got my coffee and my bagel and my -- what do you mean it was at 4 in the morning?
- — Brian Darr (@HellOnFriscoBay)Thu, Jan 16 2014 17:46:38I know I'm dreaming, but wouldn't it be great if for once the same film didn't win both the cinematography & the visual effects Oscars?
- — Annie Szafranski (@annies)Thu, Jan 16 2014 18:07:40Just when I'm starting to feel better about my movie game, the Oscars have to remind me that I actually haven't seen ANY. Ask me in 10 yrs.
- — Francisco Tolmasky (@tolmasky)Thu, Jan 16 2014 19:22:58Time for me to watch the few movies I havent seen that have been nominated, so I can be fully informed to get proper pissed after the Oscars
- "12 Years A Slave":
Oscars 2014: Academy Awards nominations from A to Z
Moviegoers, celebrity watchers and pop-culture mavens weighed in after word of Thursday morning's round of cinematic nods, locks, snubs and near-misses
byGeorge Kelly1 Like901 Views