- — Twitter (@twitter)Thu, Jun 26 2014 13:39:46Celebrate the month of fasting with #Ramadan & #Eid. Tweet your celebration, connect across the world: https://blog.twitter.com/2014/celebrate-the-month-of-fasting-with-ramadan-and-eid … @TwitterMENA
- — Abdullah Nana (@MuftiAbdullah)Fri, Jun 27 2014 00:38:08How can you feel true empathy for the poor & destitute when you have never felt the pangs of hunger?In #Ramadan you truly feel their plight.
- — Ya'quwb O'Brien (@US_Muslim)Fri, Jun 27 2014 01:46:45Anticipation of my first Ramadan was nerve wrenching, and the first few days were seemingly fatal. But now, Ramadan can't get here fast enuf
- — Deen over Dunya (@JordiChaarles)Fri, Jun 27 2014 11:46:35
- — amina wadud (@aminawadud)Fri, Jun 27 2014 14:44:20Tonight is the new moon even tho not visible in most parts of the world. I'm hoping my grandson will be born in Ramadan so not today lol!
- — amina wadud (@aminawadud)Fri, Jun 27 2014 14:48:00@Faineemae it's also comforting to know Ramadan will embrace us no matter if we are ready or not. I call that unconditional Divine love HUUU
- — amina wadud (@aminawadud)Fri, Jun 27 2014 14:53:56Preparing to fast Ramadan away from home, my comfort zone, is still preparing to fast. Only I'll ask for more mercy from Allah to get thru.
- — amina wadud (@aminawadud)Fri, Jun 27 2014 14:56:54In fact, I used to change my voice mail greeting to announce Ramadan and say we may not be picking up the phone at Iftar. Leave a message
- — amina wadud (@aminawadud)Fri, Jun 27 2014 15:00:40Yes I know, fasting, prayer, remembrance, Qur'an reading & family are central to Ramadan but please tell me what other past times you engage
- — amina wadud (@aminawadud)Fri, Jun 27 2014 15:02:59This Ramadan I've decided to do one new age-thing. I want to make an affirmation for my future about work, love and growth. How about you?
- — amina wadud (@aminawadud)Fri, Jun 27 2014 15:59:19Some time this weekend I will write a 1000 word blog for/about Ramadan. Anything you want me it include? It's for @FemReligion you know.
Muslims in Bay Area, beyond ready for #Ramadan
As the last week in June ended, Islamic faith community members prepared for the arrival of a month's worth of fasting, reading, prayer and alms donations
byGeorge Kelly435 Views