- — Susie Cagle (@susie_c)Sun, Oct 20 2013 07:50:52Have to pay money I can't afford to get home from SFO tmrw bc of #BARTstrike. Still think workers deserve living wage & right to strike.
- — Susie Cagle (@susie_c)Sun, Oct 20 2013 08:07:15Right to collective bargaining = right to work stoppage. Why have #BARTstrike frustration, workers -- why not work to grow new/other unions?
- — Alex Posey (@peelslowlyansee)Sun, Oct 20 2013 08:17:01Public's response to the BART strike shouldn't have been, "Why are they paid so much?" but rather, "Why am I paid so little?" #wealthgap
- — Stephen D. Griego (@DogBiscuitBoy)Sun, Oct 20 2013 11:48:11O-M-F-GOSH!! This BART strike is HORRENDOUS!!!. Getting to Hayward was PURE HELL!!! Hundreds of people crowded the block waiting for buses.
- — Stephen D. Griego (@DogBiscuitBoy)Sun, Oct 20 2013 11:50:32The AC Transit drivers wouldnt even go into the BART stations. Everyone was bitchy. Im here in Hayward waiting to walk to BART to get home
- — Michael Yaki (@Yakiblog)Sun, Oct 20 2013 13:30:18
- — Michael Yaki (@Yakiblog)Sun, Oct 20 2013 13:31:32Unions need a way out of #BARTstrike. Management seems content to play blame game w commuters.State legislators need to step up w tough love
- — Michael Yaki (@Yakiblog)Sun, Oct 20 2013 13:34:04Consequences of ruin of #BARTstrike: legislation banning strikes;public veto of bond and tax measures;blowback on all public employee unions
- — candaccceee! (@candacefoustino)Sun, Oct 20 2013 14:37:04
- — Mia Marie Macy (@Miamariemacy)Sun, Oct 20 2013 14:46:27Cure to Bart strike-offer individual contracts to & by pass union - sorry 1400 hold 400,000 hostage (this is why we can't have nice things)
Day three of fall #BARTstrike @SFBART strike
San Francisco Bay Area residents used social media Sunday to discuss the continuing impasse between transit district workers and management -- and the tragic incident Saturday that claimed two workers' lives between two East Bay stations
byGeorge Kelly1 Like1,315 Views